Location: Wye Mills, MD
First phase of Telescope House & Milk House constructed approximately 1700; second & third phase of Telescope House constructed 19th century.
“On a hill overlooking Wye Landing is a handsome brick telescopic house. It is called by various names, including the present name of "Wye Landing Farm", "King Hayes Farm", "Indian Hill", etc … It is composed of three brick portions on a northeast/southwest axis, with the main gable facing the Wye River at its juncture with Skipton Creek and Wye Narrows. The latter gable is two rooms deep and each room has two windows flanking its fireplace, a total of ten windows plus four basement windows. This is an instance where the designer of an early house was conscious of a superb view … Behind the small wing stands a brick milkhouse with very wide overhang.”
- Maryland Historical Trust Inventory Form for State Historic Sites Survey, 1977